Sunday, January 09, 2022

Jazz 2021

 

I don't do these year-end jazz mixes every year. Most of the time I'm just too lazy. I don't keep close track of what came out and what I liked. At some point this year I started tossing individual tracks into a playlist and that helped me remember what I enjoyed in 2021.

So here's my Jazz 2021 mix. It is by no means a "Best of" mix. It's merely a collection of jazz-ish tracks from albums I liked this year. And of course some of the tunes lean a bit toward ambient.

Cheers!


[ s t r e a m ]    [ d o w n l o a d ]    [ i t u n e s ]


T R A C K L I S T :

  • 00:00    Nala Sinephro - Space 8 [Space 1.8 on Warp]
  • 13:03    Eli Keszler - Dawn [Icons on Lucky Me]
  • 17:58    Joseph Shabason - 15-19 [The Fellowship on Western Vinyl]
  • 23:17    Sons of Kemet - To Never Forget the Source [Black to the Future on UMG]
  • 26:09    Benjamin Mørk & Arve Henriksen - Pasvikdalen [The Valleys]
  • 28:57    Sam Gendel & Sam Wilkes - Cold Pocket [Music for Saxofone and Bass Guitar More Songs on Leaving Records]
  • 32:09    Nick Garbett & Mike Majkowski - Aerial [The Glider]
  • 38:20    Floating Points, Pharoah Sanders & The London Symphony Orchestra - Movement 1 [Promises on Luaka Bop]
  • 43:12    Bell Orchestre - Nature That's It That's All [House Music on Erased Tapes]
  • 47:20    M. Sage - Spinnaker on a Southerly [The Wind of Things on Geographic North]
  • 50:12    Jeff Parker - Four Folks [Forfolks on Nonesuch]
  • 55:37    Fuubutsushi - Fresh Salt [Setsubun on Cached Media]
  • 58:32    Charles Lloyd & The Marvels - Ay Amor (Live) [Tone Poem on Blue Note]
  • 68:32    end


1 comment:

The Interstellar Radio Station said...

I hate to break it to you Dave but for something assembled you say without much thought, this came out pretty good. There is some track over-exhaustion, like I discuss in Best of 2021 part 2, (aka the unprecedented 13 minute opening), but not a bad listening hour.