- Claude Debussy
I found a couple of tunes recently that exemplify that Debussy quote. So I looked for more tracks that had definite valleys between the peaks of synth washes or long pauses between piano chords and then I let the mix take off from there.
The result is similar to the "breathing" mixes I've done before with the lulling ebb & flow that I like so much. This mix differs in it's use of piano & guitar tracks. There is a section in the middle where there really isn't a whole lot of "silence", more of an up & down of synth washes. But like happens so often with mixes, they just go places I didn't expect & then I've got to bring them back.
"Music and silence combine strongly because music is done with silence and silence is full of music."
- Marcel Marceau
[ s t r e a m ] | [ d o w n l o a d ] | [ i t u n e s ]
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Antonymes - 311210 (from Like Rumours of Hushed Thunder)
- 01:38 Wixel - Vaarwel (from Somewhere Between The Sun and The Moon)
- 03:50 Danny Saul - Kinison part 2 (from Kinison - Goldthwait)
- 05:30 Good Weather For An Airstrike - Broken (from Winter)
- 11:00 Wixel - 10 minutes (from The End)
- 13:42 World Standard & Moose Hill - Graceful Silence (from Futari - Graceful Silence)
- 17:50 Stuart Dempster - Standing waves 1976 (from In The Great Abbey of Clement VI)
- 21:40 Kyle Bobby Dunn - Tuohy's Theme (from Ways of Meaning)
- 26:00 Celer - untitled #10 (from Compositions for Cassette)
- 36:39 Listening Mirror - Glass Slopes (from Spires, Spirals and Stones)
- 37:15 Jasper Leyland - they carry (from Sediments)
- 41:24 Dakota Suite - One Day Without Harming You (Machinefabriek remix) (from The Night Just Keeps Coming In)
- 42:33 Marsen Jules - Chanson du soir (from Herbstlaub)
- 47:00 Brian Eno - Neroli (from Neroli)
- 51:25 The Dead Texan - Beatrice part 2 (from The Dead Texan)
- 55:08 Antonymes - 291210 (from Like Rumours of Hushed Thunder)
- 57:16 end