I've been wanting to make an orchestral mix for a long time. Sometimes individual tracks will show up in other mixes but I haven't done one devoted exclusively to modern classical music in a long time.
What finally got me going with this mix was the new album from Max Richter - Voices 2. It's a beautiful album with lots of tracks that would work for an ambient leaning modern classical set.
I really like how this one turned out. All but two of the tracks are from 2021. They flow from one to the other really well, making for a nice cohesive mix.
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Max Richter - Psychogeography (Voices 2 2021)
- 06:40 Glowworm - A Late Arrival (Midnight Intervals 2020)
- 10:30 Sven Laux - Fragment 3 (Scattered Fragments of Separation 2021)
- 13:48 Christine Ott - Pluie (Time To Die 2021)
- 18:35 That Which Is Not - Twin (The Basic Sharpness Of Emotions 2021)
- 24:56 Simon McCorry - Full Circle (And Where Are You Really From? 2021)
- 28:33 William Ryan Fritch - Resurface (Freeland 2021)
- 30:01 Christian Löffler - Pastoral (Parallels 2021)
- 33:33 A Winged Victory for the Sullen - Every Solstice & Equinox (Invisible Cities 2021)
- 35:42 Jóhann Jóhannsson - Flight From the City(Vikingur Olafsson Rework) (Retrospective II _ Rarities 2021)
- 41:29 Elskavon & John Hayes - Du Nord (Du Nord 2020)
- 45:55 Peter Gregson - Somnia 
- 48:40 Max Richter - Movement Study (Voices 2 2021)
- 53:41 Slow Dancing Society - The Devil Knows How To Row (Galilee's Dream 2021)
- 58:38 Ross Gentry - Nobody Wants To Leave (Prism of Dust 2021)
- 62:00 end