This is the perfect mix to close out 2018 and look forward to 2019. "Turning Hopeful" has a more hopeful, positive vibe than most of my mixes. Which is why it should be no surprise to find out that it was curated by the one and only Paul Asbury Seaman.
I like working together with Paul because he takes mixes in slightly different directions than I usually do. These collaborations bring a nice breath of fresh air to this 12 year old mix blog.
Here's what Paul says about this mix:
"This mix features melodic ambient tracks with a hopeful feeling, including some early New Age classics guaranteed to put a smile on your face. Also, brand new tracks from Byron Metcalf and Remote Vision, a solo project of Don Tyler (Ascendant). The theme was inspired by the title song from John Hiatt’s 1988 album, “Slow Turning.” Redemption means turning from one way of being to embrace another, a recurring process, fueled by hope."
Thanks Paul, in 2019 I hope we can all turn hopeful.
Cheers and Happy New Year!
[ s t r e a m ] [ d o w n l o a d ] [ i t u n e s ]
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Scott August - New Horizons(Radiant Sky 2010)
- 06:09 Jan Garbarek - In Praise of Dreams(In Praise of Dreams 2004)
- 11:24 Ulrich Schnauss - Knuddelmaus(Far Away Trains Passing By 2001)
- 17:54 Kitaro - Caravansaray(India 1983)
- 22:08 Richard Burmer - The Turn Again(Bhakti Point 1987)
- 27:12 Mark Isham - On The Threshold Of Liberty(Vapor Drawings 1983)
- 34:20 Vic Hennegan - Aqua Donna(Aqua Vista 2008)
- 40:30 Erik Wøllo - Wind Journey 2(Wind Journey 2001)
- 45:25 Oystein Sevag - Miles Near(Link 1993)
- 47:00 Vangelis - Hymn(Themes 1989)
- 49:37 Detlef Keller - Last Step(Harmonic Steps 2005)
- 53:30 Remote Vision - The Glittercliff(Into Light 2018)
- 59:34 Byron Metcalf - A Naturally Occurring Heart(Inner Rhythm Meditations, Vol. II 2018)
- 68:37 end