Today, March 28th, is International Piano Day. This is what the Piano Day website says about today:
“Why does the world need a Piano Day? For many reasons. But mostly, because it doesn’t hurt to celebrate the piano and everything around it: performers, composers, piano builders, tuners, movers and most important, the listener.” – Nils Frahm
Piano Day, an annual worldwide event founded by a group of likeminded people, takes place on the 88th day of the year – in 2020 it’s the 28th March – because of the number of keys on the instrument being celebrated.
The aim of the day is to create a platform for piano related projects in order to promote the development of musical dimensions and to continue sharing the centuries-old joy of playing the piano. Piano Day welcomes all kinds of piano lovers — young and old, amateur and professional, of any musical direction – to join in this year's festivities. It is intended to be the most joyful of all holidays!
Piano Day gives me an excuse to put together an all-piano mix. I really like the vibe of this year's version. Most of it is very stripped down and simple. I've also found it to be very therapeutic during these quarantine times.
Hang in there everybody!
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Plïnkï Plønkï - Hiraeth
- 04:22 Mike Lazarev - Afflicted
- 07:00 Olga Wojciechowska - All I Have Not Seen
- 11:27 Innesti - Forgotten
- 14:18 Klangriket & Sjors Mans - Leidseplein
- 18:22 Nils Frahm - Some
- 22:20 Ben Lukas Boysen - Only in the Dark
- 25:35 Ólafur Arnalds - saman
- 27:39 Sjors Mans - With You
- 30:31 S.hel - Eia Popeia
- 34:38 Hania Rani - Warszawa
- 39:55 Infinite Scale - Across the Otherside
- 42:03 Julien Marchal - Insight XXXVIII
- 43:12 Roger Eno And Brian Eno - Blonde
- 47:05 Yosi Horikawa - Thalfang
- 50:50 Piano Day Website Remix
- 63:29 end