The trip through the electronic music of the 70s continues with a stop in 1972. As with '70 & '71 this is a mix with some tracks that are very electronic, like the Wendy Carlos tunes, and others that are more electronic adjacent, like the Cluster or Pick Floyd tracks. But I think it gives a good sense of where things stood at the time.
I purposely stayed away from cheesy electronic versions of classical music like "The Electronic Spirit Of Erik Satie" or "The Unusual Classical Synthesizer." I'm just not a fan of that type of electronic music. I understand it's place in bringing synths to mass attention, I just don't like those recordings.
Enjoy 1972, I have a feeling 1973 will sound fairly similar. But things will start to change in '74 & '75.
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 A.R. & Machines - Wie Ich Mir So Ich Dir (AR3)
- 02:12 Cluster - Im Suden (Cluster II)
- 08:10 Galactic Explorers - Lunarscape (Epitaph For Venus)
- 14:22 Terry Riley - Persian Surgery Dervishes
- 18:40 Klaus Schulze - Last Not Least (La Vie Electronique, Vol. 2)
- 25:15 Kraftwerk - Klingklang (Kraftwerk 2)
- 34:00 Wendy Carlos - Country Life (Clockwork Orange)
- 38:40 Tangerine Dream - Zeit (Zeit)
- 43:20 Pink Floyd - Absolutely Curtains (Obscured by Clouds)
- 45:55 Neu! - Im Glück (Nue!)
- 49:35 Wendy Carlos - Fall (Sonic Seasonings)
- 60:00 end