As I type this we are getting pounded with another 9" of snow, the second pounding in less than a week. Combine that with semi-lockdown we are still under and it sort of feels like I'm in a research station outpost about to hunker down for The Long Polar Night.
Most of the titles fit the theme as well as the feel of the tunes.. I added some weather radio recordings throughout the mix which I think worked out pretty well.
One happy accident that happened while putting this together is I accidently left two tracks by two different artists in the same spot. I didn't even notice at first. They were playing simultaneously and it sounded like it was meant to be that way. This happens at 51:21 of the mix.
Cheers and stay warm!
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Wind & Weather Radio
- 00:55 Owl - Moonshine Haze (Infinite Horizon 2021)
- 04:16 Esther Kokmeijer & Rutger Zuydervelt - Stillness #5 (Stillness 2013)
- 08:20 SineRider - Four Below Zero (Four Years Away 2018)
- 11:42 offthesky - cold front (studies of form in transit 2003)
- 14:40 John Butcher - wind piece (Resonant Spaces)
- 15:47 Hanno Leichtmann - wind (Nuit Du Plomb 2006)
- 19:00 Lauge - Icebound (Nothingness 2020)
- 25:30 Gailes - Surface Variations in The Snowfall (Seventeen Words 2017)
- 32:05 Marcus Fischer - Antarctic 3 (Arctic / Antarctic(version) 2020)
- 34:45 Polaroid Notes - Don't Be Afraid Of Darkness (Home Diaries 014 2020)
- 38:00 Rosalina Teche - Slightly Affected (Music for Another Sky 2021)
- 40:23 stormloop - in the frozen morning light (arctic conditions 2013)
- 48:25 Moss Covered Technology - Distant Station(Nocturne) (Once Hallowed 2019)
- 51:21 Sinderider & Polaroid Notes - Frost & Into The Black played simultaneously
- 55:35 Axs - Frozen Signpost (Arctic Circle 2011)
- 65:20 end