Sunday, May 19, 2019

Arrival alternative sountrack


I love the film, Arrival, so I should have thought of this myself. But a listener commented on my Blade Runner alternative mix that I should do an alternative mix for Arrival. Yes!

So here it is - An Alternative Arrival Soundtrack. I absolutely love Johann Johannsson's original soundtrack, probably one of my top two or three soundtracks of all time. So this mix is not attempting to make something that I think is better than his score. It's sort of a supplement to the original, a collection of tracks that fit with the style of the original.

 All of the tunes are newer than the original soundtrack, which came out in 2016. All the tunes except On The Nature Of Daylight by Max Richter. That amazing track was used to open and close the film. Here I use it in an unusual way - it plays backward then forward at the end of the mix. The film messes with the concept of the passage of time and the Richter track bookends the film to bring events of the end back around to the beginning. So playing it backward then forward kind of does the same thing. And it's crazy how much the track still sounds the same while playing backward.

If you haven't seen the film, go see it. It is definitely one of my top three favorite films of all time. Here's a couple links to the Blade Runner alternative mix...

http://lowlightmixes.blogspot.com/2017/12/alternative-blade-runner-2049-soundtrack.html



And what the heck here's my other alternative soundtrack mix - for the film Annihilation.



Cheers!

PS - the tune @ 15:00 is from my son. He did an excellent track for the Blade Runner mix and so I went to him immediately for this mix as well.



[ s t r e a m ]    [ d o w n l o a d ]    [ i t u n e s ]




T R A C K L I S T :
00:00    Tale Of Us - Alla Sera
04:00    Skamoto - Solari(Johannsson rework)
09:12    Nils Frahm - Kaleidoscope
10:08    Hibernis - The Grape Leaves
15:00    Just A Human - Heptapod(version 1)
17:12    Sakamoto - Disintegration(Alva Noto remodel)
22:10    Ocoeur - Embers
26:05    Ital Tek - Cipher
31:03    Caleb Burhans - Early Music (For a Saturday)
35:20    Vieo Abiungo - The Dregs
36:50    r beny - overgrowth
41:30    Sven Laux & Daniela Orvin - Friends
46:38    Max Richter - On the Nature of Daylight(backward)
52:45    Max Richter - On the Nature of Daylight(forward)
58:56    end











No comments: