Being a science fiction & electronic music geek, it's no surprise that I'm a big fan of the soundtrack for the original Blade Runner film. When I heard that they'd tabbed Johann Johannsson to do the score for the 2049 film I was very excited. But then he was pulled from the project & replaced with Hans Zimmer. While I've actually liked a few of Zimmer's recent scores, I wasn't overly impressed with his music for 2049. It wasn't that I disliked it. I think I was just disappointed that it wasn't Johannsson.
My son, however, liked the soundtrack much more than I did. So much in fact that he went home after seeing the film, created his own track in the 2049 style and sent it to me the next day. I was impressed with the track and immediately made plans for a Blade Runner mix.
The music here is a collection of tunes that sounds like it fit perfectly in Blade Runner 2049. In searching for music I was happy to have rediscovered Xerrox, Vol. 2 by Alva Noto, such a great album. I was also excited to find music and artists I'd not heard before like Ital Tek, Floating Machine & Island People.
Here's a link to my son's track which appears in the mix as track #3 - "Blade Running" by just a human.
[ s t r e a m ] [ d o w n l o a d ] [ i t u n e s ]
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Alva Noto - Xerrox Moonphaser 2
- 05:00 Ital Tek - Jenova
- 10:10 just a human - Blade Running(unreleased)
- 12:18 36 - Black Future
- 16:05 Ryuichi Sakamoto - life, life
- 20:00 Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross - The Same Dream
- 23:51 Floating Machine - Nowhere
- 30:40 Island People - vogelsang
- 35:25 Andreas Tilliander - Syncussion Discussion
- 40:10 Boards of Canada - Transmisiones Ferox
- 41:35 Arovane & Hior Chronik - Into My Own
- 45:35 Ryuichi Sakamoto - Fullmoon
- 47:30 Island People - from the sky
- 54:35 Alva Noto - Xerrox Moonphaser 1
- 61:40 end