Wednesday, May 22, 2024

More Train Tracks by Paul Asbury Seaman

 

I love getting a sequencer mix from Paul! I don't seek out Berlin school, sequencer based music very much anymore which is strange because I really enjoy it when I hear it. But I don't need to seek it out because I know the best sequencer music researcher - Paul Asbury Seaman. And he regularly provides me with my Berlin school fix.

Every track included in this mix is top notch sequencer bliss. I knew a few of the artists but most are new to me which is why I love these mixes. Paul turned me on to Gert Blokzijl earlier this year so it cool to a track from him in the mix. And also nice to see a couple of tracks from Frank Dorittke (F.D. Project). There will be a track featuring Frank's guitar in an upcoming guitar mix.

Here are Paul's thoughts on this mix:

"In the U.S., Memorial Day marks the traditional start of summer. So a good time for another train mix to stir your holiday dreams. This one favors rhythmic continuity over musical diversity, so while fast-paced, should still have a relaxing, even hypnotic effect. My guiding image was long-distance high-speed rail, with lots of time for drifting thoughts as you glide through the endless European lowlands, across the rice fields of Japan, or the open prairies of the US and Canada.


In that spirit, this extended-length mix gives the longer tracks (mostly in the second half) time to stretch out as they were intended.”


Thanks for the great tunes, Paul.


Here are the links to all the music used in this mix:



Cheers!



[ s t r e a m ]    [ d o w n l o a d ]    [ a p p l e _ p o d c a s t s ]



T R A C K L I S T :

  • 00:00    F.D.Project - Harmonie in Space (F.D.Project Live 2004 Electric Visions)
  • 04:40    State Azure - Valkyrja (Valkyrja 2024)
  • 18:00    Nuell Martin - Dreams of Motion (Assemblage - Dreams of Motion 2023)
  • 24:37    Side Liner  - We Stand Up Together (Missing Pieces Of A Puzzle Vol. 6 2024)
  • 29:00    Gert Blokzijl - Wide Fields 1 ( Wide Fields 2020)
  • 35:42.   Robert Rich - Salamander Quay (Medicine Box 2001)
  • 42:50    P'Faun - Sequencer improvisation (sp'roque 2018)
  • 54:00    Ascendant - Unveiled Sky (Starfall 2024)
  • 1:01:12    Transponder - Starlane (Starmaps, Vol. 1 2022)
  • 1:08:52    John Christian - Fragrant (Jerechoes 2023)
  • 1:22:25    La Mansarde Hermétique - Lo-Fi Ponyhof (THE ATTIC DIARIES- Episode 7 2024)
  • 1:34:47    F.D.Project - ATMOS - Two Faces (ATMOS - Two Faces 2024)
  • 1:48:26    end

2 comments:

CKORD said...

What a fantastic mix, Paul! Your knack for curating top-notch sequencer music is truly impressive, and this latest compilation does not disappoint.

These mixes are a treasure for anyone looking to explore the genre. Keep up the great work, Paul! Looking forward to the next sonic adventure.

---------
The Most Detailed Guide on How to Copyright Music

Low Light Mixes said...

Thanks for checking out the mix! I'm glad you enjoyed the trip. I'll make sure Paul see your very kind comment. Cheers!