I have been having a hard time keeping up my mix output lately. There are many reasons, from too much work to too many concerts and social things to a pennant run in baseball. Also playing a part is me getting a little burned out on ambient music. There is so much of it released every week, every month that it becomes a bit overwhelming and it all starts to blend together after a while. I end up with little motivation to find another theme for yet another ambient mix.
I'm sure I'll snap out of this funk but for now Paul Asbury Seaman comes to the rescue! Just when I needed it, Paul delivers a fantastic berlin-school, train-themed mix. As I've said many times before, I like Paul's mixes because sometimes they go in directions I normally don't go with my own mixes. That's the case again here with these berlin-school tracks. I like sequencer based music but it's not a style I reach for often. And then I hear one of Paul's mixes and I'm like - "Why don't I listen to this music more often?" Whatever the reason, I'm glad Paul is here to remind us about how cool this style can be.
Here's what Paul has to say about this collection:
“No powerful locomotives this time. No high-speed rail or epic cross-country journey. Just a relaxed excursion through autumn foliage. All but three of these tracks are from 2023. Watch for the REAL guitar on ‘In the Fading Starlight.’ Synth Replicants was one of my big/happy discoveries this past year. (This was one of the milder tracks!) Enjoy.”
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Wil Bolton - Yellow Morning (Södermalm In Autumn 2023)
- 09:09 Erik Wøllo - Motion Picture (Cloud of Strings 2023)
- 12:50 Thom Brennan - Wavemaker pt. 2 (Wavemaker 2023)
- 21:12 Mac Of Bionight - Memory Has No Conscience (COORDINATES volume 11 2023)
- 28:12 Nils Frahm - #2 (All Melody 2018)
- 36:25 Steve Roach The Weaving Way (The Weaving Way 2023)
- 42:18 Node - The Traveller (Node 2 2014)
- 47:18 Synth Replicants - In The Fading Starlight (Time of Legends 2023)
- 53:30 Alpha Wave Movement - Lattices of Light (Cerulean Skies 2017)
- 61:20 Larkenlyre - Sometimes Hope Comes Wrapped In Dark Skies (You and I and Every Sky 2023)
- 65:18 end