I just got back from a week in Iceland so naturally I had to make a mix with music from Icelandic artists. The usual suspects are here - Sigur Ros, Johann Johannsson, Bjork, Olafur Arnalds, along with some new additions.
It still boggles my mind that the tiny island has produced such amazing music. But now, having been there, I guess it makes a bit more sense because the place is unique. The landscape and spirit seeps into your mind and body like hot water through porous volcanic rock. It's impossible not to fall in love with the people and the natural beauty.
Hopefully this mix can be your own mini vaca to Iceland. Cheers!
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Sigur Rós - Blóðberg (ÁTTA 2023)
- 07:03 Jóhann Jóhannsson - A Prayer to the Dynamo pt. 1 (Spectral Symphony 2023)
- 13:50 Friðþjófur Johnson - Black Sand Blues
- 19:10 Rökkurró - Svanur (Í Annan Heim 2010)
- 24:20 Björk - Vokuro (Medulla 2004)
- 27:18 Ólafur Arnalds feat Ella McRobb - And we'll leave it there (2023)
- 30:47 Valgeir Sigurðsson - Eva's Lament (Kvika 2021)
- 32:17 Kiasmos - Looped (Kiasmos 2014)
- 36:00 Friðþjófur Johnson - Sambólúsí
- 40:50 Yagya - The Downpour (Faded Photographs 2023)
- 44:33 Múm - Faraway Swimmingpool (Finally We Are No One 2002)
- 47:00 Frakkur - Dream Fyrir John (Pling pong)
- 52:33 Ruxpin & Stafrænn Hákon - Dark Rift (Meet Me In Forever 2023)
- 56:14 Jóhann Jóhannsson - Stuk (Elegy for Lost Time 2023)
- 58:35 Ólafur Arnalds - Spiral (some kind of peace 2020)
- 61:54 end