I was surprised to find that I've only done two previous train themed mixes. It sure seems like I've done more. Maybe it's the use of train sounds in filed recording mixes that has me confused. Anyway, here are the two previous mixes...
This mix began with a recommendation from a follower on Mixcloud, Paul Asbury Seaman. I asked for any other train tunes he could suggest and he came through in a big way. He did all the hard work and mapped out the whole mix for me. I had a great time mixing it and discovering new music along the way.
Here's what Paul had to say about the mix...
"Berlin School synth/electronica can be pretty kinetic and thus an obvious source for a train mix, but I was going for a more melancholy sound, the wistful feeling evoked by the sound of Far Away Trains Passing By (the title of the Ulrich Schnauss album represented here). My working title for this mix was "Locomotive Lullaby."
While I was on the subject, I made a list of classic train songs (the sung kind) and came up with more than sixty--about three CDs worth! Here's a great article to start your playlist with: http://harpers.org/blog/2014/06/the-twenty-three-best-train-songs-ever-written-maybe/ Or contact Low Light Mixes for a copy of mine. Thanks, new friend Dave, for putting this together."
Thanks Paul, for all work on this excellent mix! I still have more tracks to use so the next train mix will be more jazzy.
[ s t r e a m ] [ d o w n l o a d ] [ i t u n e s ]
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Erik Wollo - Church Mountain(Different Spaces 2017)
- 04:04 Johan Agebjörn - Sleepless On The Kostomuksha-Petrozavodsk Night Train(We Never Came to the White Sea 2017)
- 10:20 Between Interval - On Track(Legacy 2017)
- 13:10 David Parsons - The Himgiri(Yatra 1990)
- 18:40 Ulrich Schnauss - Nothing Happens in June(Far Away Trains Passing By...2001)
- 24:25 Ascendant - Ephemeris(Source Transmission 2014)
- 31:30 Mark Ward - Universal(Universal 2017)
- 40:15 Hollan Holmes - Enduro(The Spirits of Starlight 2014)
- 46:25 Erik Wollo - Rundreise(Different Spaces 2017)
- 51:05 Al Gromer Khan - Stamboul Train(Turya 2006)
- 62:15 end