Sunday, September 28, 2014

Slowcoustic


This mix grew out of a collection of vacation songs.  I wanted to put some tunes together for relaxing on the pier or around the fire.  Once I started finding songs I decided to make all of them vocal acoustic tunes and the rest just fell into place.  The whole mix is nice and slow and quiet.  And of course acoustic.

There are a few great covers here, like the Sarah Jarosz & Phosphorescent covers.  I was pleased to be able to finally use "Slumber My Darling" by Alison Krauss & Yo Yo Ma.  It's on my list of the most beautiful songs ever recorded.  

I used some all-time favorite artists in here - Avetts, Sufjan, Andrew Bird, Iron & Wine, Paul Simon.  Mostly this is a mix of older songs with some new-ish cuts.  There's not much else to say other than I really like this mix, and I can see listening to it for years to come.

Enjoy.





T R A C K L I S T :
  • 00:00    J. Tillman - Under The Sun
  • 04:20    The Avett Bros. - The Ballad of Love and Hate
  • 09:34    Andrew Bird - Night Sky
  • 13:28    Sarah Jarosz - Simple Twist of Fate(Dylan cover)
  • 18:15    Iron & Wine - Tree by the River
  • 21:39    Bob Dylan - Buckets of Rain
  • 24:55    Calexico - When Bellows Crack
  • 28:30    Alison Krauss & Yo Yo Ma - Slumber My Darling
  • 33:10    Boy & Bear - Fall at Your Feet(Crowded House cover)
  • 35:00    The Lumineers - This Must Be The Place(T Heads cover)
  • 38:17    Paul Simon - Hearts & Bones
  • 43:53    Bon Iver - For Emma
  • 47:15    Reigning Sound - Once More
  • 49:50    The Low Anthem - (Don't) Tremble
  • 54:00    Phosphorescent - Ya Hey(Vampire Wknd cover)
  • 59:40    Clem Snide - Find Love
  • 01:02:14    Paul Simon - American Tune
  • 01:05:55    Walter Martin - Sing to Me
  • 01:08:53    Sufjan Stevens - To Be Alone With You
  • 01:11:33    Fleet Foxes - Blue Spotted Tail
  • 01:14:10    J. Tillman - A Year in the Kingdom
  • 01:16:43    Iron & Wine - Sodom, South Georgia
  • 01:21:38    Damien Rice - The Rat Within The Grain
  • 01:24:24    Andrew Bird - Sovay
  • 01:29:00   Calexico - Better and Better
  • 01:31:17    The Avett Bros. - Famous Flower of Manhattan
  • 01:35:09    end



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this mix Dave! I was sitting back reading Acts (in the bible) for sheer enjoyment and wanted some background music. This was perfect, and I had to really turn it up once I got going. Soaring in the lives of Peter and Paul.. then drifting off at times to contemplate vast ideas.. and picking up on various lyrical words to add another dimension of thought to the whole stage of consciousness!
The song transitions were really smooth too.