Back in 2007 I did a Prog Rock mix that is still one of my favorite low light mixes. You can find the original post & download here...PROG ROCK '07.
I've always wanted to do another prog mix. While on a pro rock binge I came across "For Absent Friends" by Genesis and that gave me the idea of doing a mellow prog mix.
In the original mix I tried to stay away from prog rock mainstays like Genesis & Yes & King Crimson. This time I couldn't resist some big names like Pink Floyd, Genesis, Brian Eno & Crimson. Those well known artists combine with some Cantebury scene music from National Health, Soft Machine & Hugh Hopper and Al Gowen. Most of the tunes are vintage 70's music, with only a couple newer tracks from Willowglass & David Gilmore.
I included kind of an oddball cut from Tony R. Clef. It's an acoustic cover of Genesis' "Undertow." He has a few other Genesis tunes that he covers on his YouTube channel here.
I know this mix is a bit different than the usual Low Light Mixes fair, but it was fun to put together and I hope you enjoy it.
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Genesis - For Absent Friends
- 01:40 Pink Floyd - If
- 06:05 Soft Machine - Carol Ann
- 09:33 Genesis - Hairless Heart
- 11:45 Strawbs - You & I(when we were young)
- 15:40 Phil Manzanera - Diamond Head
- 19:57 Willowglass - The End
- 21:09 David Gilmore - The Blue
- 26:25 King Crimson - Starless
- 30:54 Brian Eno - Golden Hours
- 34:30 Genesis - Silent Sorrow in Empty Boats
- 36:42 Anthony Philips - Which Way the Wind Blows
- 42:25 National Health - Arriving Twice
- 44:35 Hugh Hopper & Al Gowen - Morning Order
- 50:57 Chris Squire - Lucky Seven
- 57:45 Soft Machine - Virtually Part 4
- 1:01:02 Tony R. Clef - Undertow(acoustic Genesis cover)
- 1:05:54 Pink Floyd - Pigs on a Wing, Pt. 2
- 1:07:18 end
Ohh i like this old Prog. In 2007 i heard your first Progmix. Wonderful!
Thanks for this.
as a collector of all the Low Light Mixes, I love when we revisit an old friend. thanks for this!
Thank you very much, very nice mix. Love it, too. Cheers from germany.
This mix was perfect for a recent long subway ride home. Thanks.
What an awesome mix! you did an awesome work with this tape! please post more!
Chris Squire, Lucky seven, not too known but very good choice ;-)
Splendid stuff, including some tracks I thought no one else still remembered. Just a small point, but I know it would annoy him, it's Gilmour, not Gilmore! Congrats all the same.
Post a Comment