There are 25 tracks in this mix, so it keeps moving pretty well I think. I realized after I was done that a few of the tracks appear in other low light mixes. Oh well, that's bound to happen with so many mixes and fewer and fewer brain cells.
I would say my favorite soundtracks from the past 10 - 15 years would have to be "Solaris" from Cliff Martinez & "The Fountain" by Clint Mansell. I purposely used a lesser known Martinez cut from "Wicker Park" but one that had the same "Solaris" feel to it. Then of course I discovered that I'd already used the same cut in an earlier mix. Duh!
This mix was easy & fun to put together so I'm sure I'll be doing another one in the future. Any suggestions for essential soundtracks that I should check out?
Download : 110mb 59:50min
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - The Proposition #2 (The Proposition)
- 02:00 Graeme Revell - Cue 34 (Until the End of the World)
- 04:10 Thomas Newman - Drive Away(End Title) (Lemony Snicket)
- 06:50 Cliff Martinez - What Shoe Size (Wicker Park)
- 08:05 Andrey Dergatchev - Port (The Return)
- 10:05 Max Richter - Shadow Journal (Valse Avec Bachir)
- 12:15 John Murphy/Chrales Gounod - Taxi(Ave Maria) (28 Days Later)
- 14:07 Mogwai - 7-25 (Zidane, a 21st Century Portait)
- 18:20 Clint Mansell - Death is a Disease (The Fountain)
- 20:40 Explosions in the Sky - From West Texas (Friday Night Lights)
- 22:26 Brian Eno - Always Returning (Apollo)
- 25:35 Corker/Conboy - First Crossing (3 Degrees Colder)
- 27:05 David Byrne - Canal Life (Lead Us Not Into Temptation)
- 29:20 Peter Gabriel - A Sense of Home (Long Walk Home)
- 30:50 Sigur Ros - #3 untitled (Hlemmur)
- 33:05 Andrey Dergatchev - Georgians (The Return)
- 35:13 Hilmar Orn Hilmarsson - Ars Moriendi (Children of Nature)
- 37:20 Philip Glass - Organic (Koyaanisqatsi)
- 42:10 Gabriel Yared & Underworld - Mending Things (Breaking & Entering)
- 44:20 Cliff Martinez - Helicopter (Traffic)
- 46:05 John Murphy - Red Dresses (28 Days Later)
- 46:43 Devotchka - The Winner Is (Little Miss Sunshine)
- 49:35 David Byrne - Dirty Hair (Lead Us Not Into Temptation)
- 52:06 Peter Gabriel - Passion Extras #4 (Passion)
- 53:55 James Newton Howard - I'm Listening (I am Legend)
- 55:45 Brian Eno - an ending(ascent) (Apollo, 28 Days Later, Clean, Traffic)
- 59:50 end
Hi Dave, again an excellent mix. Suggestions for soundtracks that come to mind are: American Beauty & White Oleander by Thomas Newton and Solaris by Cliff Martinez (also an excellent movie btw). Thanks for all the mixes and greetings. Bernard aka Sonmi451 from Belgium.
Hi Bernard, glad you like the mix. Thanks for reminding about American Beauty. I completely forgot to include that one. Totally agree with u on Solaris, great movie & great soundtrack.
Looking forward to a new album from Sonmi451. Maybe this month?
This is very good! Also liking Thomas Newman & Cliff Martinez stuff a lot.
Funny, I just recorded a very similar mix, also cinematic chill-out.
If you have time, check it out @ http://orion.reaktio.net/mix.php
It's called "From Rural To Urban #6".
You're mix is wonderful! Thanks so much for posting the link.
Thanks for the mix! The first soundtrack that came to mind when I saw this theme was 21 Grams. It's full of great guitar pieces as well as a haunting spoken work by Benicio Del Toro.
This was an excellent mix. I have been listening to it whilst driving around the South Downs near Brighton, UK. Some of my fave stuff in there and a lot I hadn't heard. You and your listeners might like a very similar mix I have posted a year or so ago at http://bovineradio.wordpress.com/non-show-mixes/ and you might like that stuff in general. We should probably exchange links or some such. If anyone likes my stuff or Mr Dave's stuff, and can recommend other mixes, please drop me an email at email@example.com - Cheers! Chris
Hi Dave, I hope the new album on Somnia Records will be out soon, though I don't know an exact release-date yet. Might take another couple of months...
Hi Dave, I've put a link on my site to low light mixes - it is at :-
http://bovineradio.wordpress.com - I also made a post about it...
You may already have it on hand, but if not, you should check out the soundtrack to "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford". Nick Cave and Warren Ellis composed that one.
Thanks for the all of the great mixes,
Hi Dave, again an excellent mix. Suggestions for soundtracks that come to mind are: American Beauty & White Oleander by Thomas Newton and Solaris by Cliff Martinez (also an exc
I'm not sure you can easily follow these comments since I don't think you get prompts/alerts when they get posted, but I'll still toss out some soundtrack considerations . . .
-The Road by Nick Cave and Warren Ellis
-The Hours by Phillip Glass (probably my favorite soundtrack of his)
-Iris by A Winged Victory for the Sullen
-The Last Temptation of Christ (--the album, though, as you know, is called Passion) by Peter Gabriel
-Tron Legacy by Daft Punk
-Man of Steel by Hans Zimmer
-Road to Perdition by Thomas Newton (my favorite soundtrack of his)
-Blade Runner by Vangelis
I love that Thomas Newman track! It's one of my faves of his!
One more great soundtrack is Angelo Badalamenti's The Straight Story.
Post a Comment