Thursday, September 17, 2026

the aesthetic of static


My shortwave mixes go back a long way. My first one was posted almost 20 years ago in April of 2007. Yikes! I love the sound of these mixes and I love creating them. I collect tracks that sound like they'd fit the theme and when I have enough to make a mix I get cracking.

Here are all the previous shortwave mixes:


While this mix uses some actual shortwave recordings, it relies more on the individual tracks to provide the radio transmission vibes. And of course snippets of The Conet Project have to find their way into any shortwave mix. I hope you enjoy this latest transmission from the ether.

LINKS TO THE MUSIC USED IN THIS MIX:

https://citiesandmemory.bandcamp.com/album/shortwave-transmissions

https://andycartwright.bandcamp.com/album/below-the-noise

https://shortwavetransmission.bandcamp.com/album/land-fire-shortwave-transmission-2

https://marcus-fischer.bandcamp.com/album/loss

https://steveroden.bandcamp.com/album/chair-a-subscape-of-resonance

https://htdc.bandcamp.com/album/soft-ruins

https://shortwavemusic.bandcamp.com/album/cq-de-shortwavemusic-vol-1

https://dagrosenqvist.bandcamp.com/album/geographers-of-solitude

https://lineimprint.bandcamp.com/album/here

https://andrewheath.bandcamp.com/album/signals-and-codes

https://offthesky.bandcamp.com/album/form-radio

https://paulbeaudoin.bandcamp.com/album/signal-loss

https://spacehoneyrecords.bandcamp.com/album/retrofilament

https://theradius.us/episode42

https://thehumblebee.bandcamp.com/album/morning-music-2


Cheers!




T R A C K L I S T :

  • 00:00   Moray Newlands - The fragility of d-tente (Cities and Memory - Shortwave Transmissions 2022)
  • 01:00   Andy Cartwright - On a Clear Day (Below The Noise 2023)
  • 04:00   Land:Fire - Circularly Polarized I (Shortwave Transmission 2009)
  • 05:25   Marcus Fischer - Loss (Loss 2017)
  • 09:45   Steve Roden - Rust (chair (a subscape of resonance) 1999)
  • 11:00   How To Disappear Completely - Memory Landscapes (Soft Ruins 2026)
  • 12:40   IRIB Radio Iran Ardabil - 1269 kHz, 8_11_10(2241UTC) (The Clouds Should Know Me By Now: ShortWaveMusic 2005-2010 2011)
  • 14:20   Dag RosenqVIst - Dread (Geographers Of Solitude 2024)
  • 17:55   Triac - here part III (Here)
  • 19:55   Andrew Heath - Signals(transmitters and receivers) (Signals and Codes 2025)
  • 28:20   offthesky - form.radio 3 (form.radio 2025)
  • 30:30   offthesky - form.radio 5 (form.radio 2025)
  • 36:45   Paul Beaudoin - Signal Path Deviation (Signal Loss 2026)
  • 39:37   J46+2 - Retrofilament (Retrofilament 2025)
  • 45:05   Myke Dodge Weiskopf - All Night Flight (shortwave music episode 42 2013)
  • 49:00   Humble Bee - Track 04 (Morning Music 2010)
  • 51:00   Tetsu Inoue - Man Made Heaven (Slow And Low 1995)
  • 53:54   low light mixes - Memories of Johann (2018)
  • 57:24   end

No comments: