Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Robert Fripp Guitar Moments

 
 
A few months ago a friend and I were talking about King Crimson & Robert Fripp. He is not as familiar with Fripp's work as I am so I started a playlist of not just Crimson tracks but also other excellent Fripp guitar work with other artists such as Brian Eno, David Bowie, David Sylvian, Hall & Oates(yes, Hall & Oates!) & others. 
 
This week I decided to finally make a mix of some of the tracks. I wasn't sure if or when I'd post it online. Then this morning I see that today, Oct. 19th, is the global premiere of the King Crimson documentary "In The Court Of The Crimson King: King Crimson at 50". What a perfect coincidence! 
 
I guess that makes the decision for me about when to post the mix. So here it is - a collection of some of my favorite Fripp guitar work. In order to keep the length manageable I had to leave out some great tracks like Bowie - Heroes, King Crimson - Lark's Tongue is Aspic, Talking Heads - I Zimbra, Fripp & Eno Heavenly Music Corp. & several others. I think the tracks I settled on cover a wide range and fit together nicely over the 84 minutes of the mix.
 
If anyone is interested the documentary will be shown in a special streaming event this weekend on Oct. 22nd. Here's the link - https://www.nugs.net/live-download-of-king-crimson-in-the-court-of-the-crimson-king.-king-crimson-at-50.-london-gb-10-22-2022-mp3-flac-or-online-music-streaming/621290-WEBCASTVARIANT.html
 
Cheers!




T R A C K L I S T :
00:00    David Sylvian - Upon This Earth (Gone to Earth 1986)
06:12    Fripp & Eno - Evening Star (Evening Star 1975)
13:38    The Roches - Hammond Song (The Roches 1979)
19:00    Brian Eno - St.  Elmo’s Fire (Another Green World 1975)
21:41    David Bowie - Teenage Wildlife (Scary Monsters 16980)
28:15    King Crimson - Fracture (Starless and Bible Black 1974)
37:23    David Sylvian & Robert Fripp - God’s Monkey (The First Day 1993)
42:11    Brian Eno - Baby’s On Fire (Here Come the Warm Jets 1974)
47:24    King Crimson - Space Groove II(edit) (ProjeKt Two Space Groove 1998)
55:00    King Crimson - Sailor’s Tale (Islands 1971)
61:20    King Crimson - Starless (Red 1974)
73:30    David Sylvian - Wave(version) (Camphor 2002)
76:15    Fripp & Eno - Meissa (The Equatorial Stars 2004)
84:05    end


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

His "Music for quiet moments" CD Set is excellent, by the way.

Dave said...

Yes, it is! I've been sampling it on Spotify.