Anyone who regularly follows this blog and my mixes knows that I am a science fiction dork. So it should come as no surprise that I saw Dune on opening weekend. I loved the film and have been thinking about an alternative soundtrack mix ever since.
There's not much to say other than this mix is a collection of tracks that remind me of the film. Most of the tracks are fairly new but a few older ones sneak in there, such as the one from Robert Rich & Lustmord, which goes back to 1995. The opening cut is the newest as it was written and produced by my son, who records as Just A Human, a couple of days after seeing the film.
If you see the film, see it in a theater. It's big and loud and really needs to be seen on a big screen.
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Just A Human - Messages from the Deep
- 01:00 Ben Chatwin - Nordsjøen (Drone Signals 2018)
- 05:10 Serena Gabriel & Steve Roach - From The Sea (Seeing Inside 2021)
- 12:00 Murcof - Ideology Storm (The Alias Sessions 2021)
- 16:27 A Winged Victory for the Sullen - Thirteenth Century Travelogue (Invisible Cities 2021)
- 18:22 Robert Rich & B. Lustmord - Undulating Terrain (Stalker 1995)
- 22:12 Hibernis - The Grape Leaves (Middle of the Meds 2018)
- 27:00 Soriah - Uger-Khan Kargyraa (Gnostic 2019)
- 28:51 Rapoon - Don't Come Out At Night (Melancholic Songs of the Desert 2009)
- 32:40 Michel Banabila - Our Alien Voice (Trespassing 2017)
- 35:12 Brett Janzen - Penumbra (Aphelion 2021)
- 37:55 Arrowounds - Antarctica's Spherical Anomalies Leave Residual Trails (The Rise and Fall of the Melting World 2021)
- 41:55 Strië - Test for Ability (Perpetual Journey 2018)
- 44:44 Loscil - Zephyr with wind and strings
- 47:25 Tineidae - Epilogue (Exo 2020)
- 50:55 Jim Cole & Spectral Voices - Hear Earth (Innertones 2006)
- 52:35 Hanno Leichtmann - Wind (Nuit Du Plomb 2006)
- 57:00 end