I recently read an article in the New York Times that was published in 2016 about an unlikely collection of admirers. A group that started back in 2004 to sing the praises of...clouds. These devotees are known as "The Cloud Appreciation Society."
Here's a link to the NYT article... https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/08/magazine/the-amateur-cloud-society-that-sort-of-rattled-the-scientific-community.html
And the society... https://cloudappreciationsociety.org/
The name of the group stuck in my head as a possible theme and title for a mix. So here it is, a cloud themed mix. All the tracks have the word "cloud" in their titles. The music is appropriately drifting and relaxing. All the tunes are relatively new except for a few tracks from 2008, 2014, 2015 and one which reaches back to a Folkways record from 1981.
Look up, admire the clouds drifting by and float away with this mix.
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Andrew Chalk - From Mountain Tops the Dusky Clouds (Incidental Music 2020)
- 05:05 Marine Eyes - Cloud Collecting (idyll 2021)
- 09:18 Max Richter – Shimmering Clouds (My Brilliant Friend 2018)
- 10:20 Craig Kupka - Clouds 2 (Clouds: Music for Relaxation 1981)
- 15:20 Gaussian Curve – Broken Clouds (Clouds 2014)
- 20:05 Clariloops – Clouds (Sun//Rain 2021)
- 23:34 Yui Onodera & Vadim Bondarenko - Cloudscape 8 (Cloudscapes 2015)
- 27:00 Shuta Yasukochi – Clouds (Slow sketch vol. 1: Reflections of the ambient community 2019)
- 30:45 Robert Rich - Fall Up, the Clouds Will Catch You (Offering to the Morning Fog 2020)
- 39:30 The Green Kingdom – Cloud Cloak (Ephemera 2018)
- 43:09 Innesti – The Architecture of Clouds (Formless 2019)
- 51:20 halftribe – Cloud Dreaming and Shadows (Cloud Dreaming And Shadows 2020)
- 56:22 Rudy Adrian - Of Clouds and Mountains (Desert Realms 2008)
- 63:29 end