Sunday, August 23, 2020

Rainfall Meditation

 


Sometime in the last couple of weeks we got a good downpour here at Low Light headquarters. As I stood at the front door smelling the rain, listening to the cloudburst, I realized that I had some music playing softly in the background and it blended perfectly with the storm. I stood there for a good twenty minutes taking it all in. This mix is based on that experience.

The main idea here is to mix the music below the rain and thunder. Sometimes it is very low so that it sounds like it's coming from another room. Other times the music is more upfront. Some of the tunes already have rain fx in them and others do not. Most of the rain and thunder you hear I added. They came from recordings I did or my son did or from sites like freesound.org. I also snuck in some Blade Runner ambience around the 1 hour mark.

Cheers!





T R A C K L I S T :

  • 00:00    rain
  • 01:40    Segue - Rain Drone
  • 05:00    Snufmumriko - Rainfall Diary
  • 09:00    Cyber Zen Sound Engine & Matt Borghi - Endless Rain
  • 13:22    Echoflex - 50°21'14"N 4°10'12"W Veering ENE
  • 21:10    John Luther Adams - In The Rain
  • 30:15    Yo La Tengo - Rainy Night In New York
  • 32:20    Paul Vnuk Jr. - Silence Speaks In Shadow
  • 44:10    Music for Deep Meditation - Wind Chimes, Thunderstorm, and Rain
  • 56:50    Robert Davies - Dew-Drenched Hours
  • 62:00    Lindsheaven Virtual Plaza - Rainforest Hill
  • 75:15    Echoflex - 50°19'11"N 4°12'03"W Veering S
  • 85:48    end

1 comment:

Margarita Cansino said...

Interesting post, I enjoyed read this.