Sunday, November 10, 2019

Low Light Spotlight - Max Richter



This is an exclusive mix available only to my subscribers on Mixcloud Select. It's part of an ongoing series of mixes that spotlight one artist for the entire mix. 

Max Richter's music is beautiful, evocative, haunting. He is one of my favorite artists of the 21st century. Although I didn't use it in this mix, On The Nature Of Daylight is one of my favorite pieces of music of all time. 

I had to start the mix with The Blue Notebooks because it is the album that introduced me to Richter's music and remains a huge favorite. My other huge fav in his discography is Sleep, a monumental album of more than 8 hours of modern classical sleep music. There are two tracks from Sleep in this mix.

If you are interested in this and other exclusive mixes go here to subscribe & find out more - https://www.mixcloud.com/lowlight/select/

Subscribers also get unlimited plays, fast forward AND rewind, offline listening, and upfront tracklists. The Select program also directly supports low light mixes, plus the music and artists we play.

Cheers!

No comments: