Two years ago I did a mix called "A Distant Pulse" which featured a lot of tribal ambient sounds. I've been meaning to do a sequel and now it's here with "A Rhythmic Passage."
What finally got the ball rolling for a new mix is a new album from Louigi Verona called "Nocturnal Creatures." Recommended by my ambient collaborator, Paul Asbury Seaman, the album is similar to classic Steve Roach tribal albums. But the drum sound is huge with deep, booming low end to shake your speakers and rattle the windows. Add in some drones and subtle arpeggiated electronics and you've got an excellent album.
The rest of the mix is a collection of old(Tibbetts, Craig Leon, Biosphere) and new(Spheruleus, Pike, Keszler, Kilchhofer, Selman) tunes.
Enjoy the rhythms. Cheers!
[ s t r e a m ] [ d o w n l o a d ] [ i t u n e s ]
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Louigi Verona - Darkening(Nocturnal Creatures 2019)
- 07:38 Biosphere - Ancient Campfire(Shenzhou 2002)
- 09:50 Byron Metcalf - A Perfect Place(Inner Rhythm Meditations 2016)
- 18:18 Dino Sabatini - And It All Ends Here(Omonimo 2016)
- 22:30 Steve Tibbetts - Full Moon Dogs(The Fall Of Us All 1994)
- 27:37 William Selman - The Island Before The Internet - Borne's Snail Mail Shimmer(Interpretations Vol II - Musica Enterrada 2018)
- 36:10 unknown - Cloudless(2007)
- 41:20 Laurence Pike - Holy Spring(Holy Spring 2019)
- 44:25 Eli Keszler - Fifty Four To Madrid(Stadium 2018)
- 47:36 Craig Leon - One Hundred Steps(Early Electronic Works 2014)
- 51:20 Spheruleus - Intercoastal(Light Through Open Blinds 2019)
- 53:55 Benjy Wertheimer & John de Kadt - Underwater(One River 2012)
- 61:01 The Heart Is Awake - Os(Echosphere 2017)
- 64:25 Kilchhofer - Leng(The Book Room 2018)
- 71:23 end