Sunday, January 06, 2019

Future Days - A Kraut Rock Mix


As is usually the case with these mixes, one song sets me on the path towards a new collection. In this case it was the song T by Dan Lissvik.


It keep popping up on a few of my playlists and I always thought it had kind of kraut rock feel to it. I realized that I've never made a kraut rock mix and that needs to be rectified.

I don't want to get into a debate about what is and isn't kraut rock. There are tracks from kraut rock classics like Neu! and Can. But there are also three cuts from new artists like Dan Lissvik, Sankt Otten and Kilchhofer. Those new tunes are in there because I thought they fit with the kraut rock vibe. 

The rest of the mix contains artists like Cluster, Ashra, Popol Vuh, Holger Czukay, Conrad Schnitzler, Bernard Szajner and Gunter Schickert. I'm exactly sure which ones would qualify as kraut rock but I think they're all close enough.

Cheers!


[ s t r e a m ]    [ d o w n l o a d ]    [ i t u n e s ]



T R A C K L I S T :

  • 00:00    Neu! - Isi(1975)
  • 04:55    Dan Lissvik - T(2016)
  • 09:55    Conrad Schnitzler - Ballet Statique(1978)
  • 14:00    Holger Czukay - Persian Love(1982)
  • 18:55    Ashra - Shuttle Cocks(1977)
  • 25:10    Cluster - Sowiesoso(1976)
  • 31:55    Sankt Otten - Zwischen Demut und Disco(2018)
  • 37:24    Bernard Szajner - The Memory(1980)
  • 41:30    Can - Future Days(1973)
  • 46:00    Kilchhofer - Lubbari(2018)
  • 49:20    Ashra - Blackouts(1977)
  • 53:35    Gunter Schickert - Guitarre Wlaurniam(1983)
  • 57:25    Neu! - Weissensee(1972)
  • 63:25    Popol Vuh - Hoere, Den Du Wagst(1978)
  • 69:00    Cluster - Zum Wohl(1976)
  • 75:20    Bernard Szajner - A Kind of Freedom(1980)
  • 78:07    end






5 comments:

psorb40 said...

looks tasty, thanks for compiling

cheers
Hidden Persuaders

Ashley Pomeroy said...

Or as iTunes calls it, "Future Days, A K***t Rock Mix". Which actually sounds ruder.

Low Light Mixes said...

Haha! Does iTunes actually censor the name like that? I know that the term Kraut Rock has gotten some flack lately but I didn't know what else to call it. Thanks for checking it out anyway. Cheers!

Ashley Pomeroy said...

It's inconsistent - the pop-up title is uncensored but the description and headline aren't: https://i.imgur.com/CTZypvY.jpg

Low Light Mixes said...

Thanks for the screenshot Ashley. Crazy!