Sunday, November 04, 2018

Shimmering Land



I have collaborated with Paul Asbury Seaman and several mixes and I look forward each and every one. Paul's mixes tend to be more ethereal, spiritual than mine and that's why I enjoy them so much. they take me on journeys I would go on otherwise.

They way Paul and I work on these mixes is he sends me his well thought out tracklist in order. Then I just mix them together so they flow well. Essentially, Paul does all the heavy lifting.

So here is our latest collab - Shimmering Land. Paul had this to say about it:

"Meg Bowles is one of the few (prominent) female artists working in the ambient/electronic genre. She has only released five albums, including Evensong earlier this year, seven years after her last one, so there’s cause for celebration. All her albums are top-notch ethereal/soothing journeys similar to the tracks by other artists featured here. This mix includes a beautiful piece by Deborah Martin from her recent compilation."

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Cheers!


[ s t r e a m ]    [ d o w n l o a d ]    [ i t u n e s ]




T R A C K L I S T :
00:00    Meg Bowles - Into the Gloaming (The Shimmering Land 2013)
08:25    Sherry Finzer & Tom Moore - Infinite Space (Whispers From Silence 2016)
14:30    Alio Die - Radiance Revealed (Time Zone Portal 2017)
22:25    Ishq - Scielienta (Lyght 2018)
27:30    Jeff Greinke - High Flyers of the Night Sky (Before Sunrise 2018)
35:50    Meg Bowles - The Forgotten Valley (From the Dark Earth 1999)
42:55    Zero Ohms - Glimpsing the Eternal (Process of Being 2014)
55:00    Deborah Martin - Blue Lake (Selections 2018)
61:10    bvdub - Rainless [R]ivers (A Different Definition of Love 2018)
72:07    end











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This mix first turned me on to Alio Die. Can’t thank you enough