This week marks the final transmission of the wonderful record label, City Centre Offices. Their style of electronic music was new to me at the time and I devoured their releases with a rapacious glee. I think I have somewhere between 40 - 50 CCO recordings.
City Centre Offices has been silent for a number of years and I hate to admit that I'd sort of forgotten about them. But now this week brings one final release, Boy Robot - Final Transmission. So with the end of CCO officially here, I thought I'd collect a few favorites in a new mix. There is so much great music that came from CCO that I could have done mixes that were hours long but I kept this one to the standard 1 hour.
Rather than go on and on rhapsodically about what a marvelous label City Centre Offices is, I'll direct you to this excellent article over at A Strangely Isolated Place - http://www.astrangelyisolatedplace.com/blog/2017/3/14/city-centre-offices-interview-the-final-transmission
Great stories, insight and music in that ASIP reminiscence. The good folks at ASIP also put together a terrific Spotify playlist of CCO music.
I hope you enjoy this little stroll down memory lane as much as I did.
T R A C K L I S T:
- 0:00 Arovane - A Secret
- 04:00 Casino versus Japan - Late for School
- 09:45 Herrmann & Kleine - Transalpin
- 15:40 Ulrich Schnauss - Between Us & Them
- 22:00 Xela - Softness of Senses
- 26:06 Christian Kleine - Guitar Interrupt
- 29:48 Dub Tractor - 50Hz Guitar
- 35:17 Opiate - Open
- 37:26 Boy Robot - Glamorizing Corporate Lifestyle
- 40:40 Bitstream - Stream One
- 44:40 Styrofoam - Cashier Escape Song
- 50:33 Dictaphone - Dictaphone II
- 53:24 Swod - Intro
- 54:14 Marsen Jules - Chanson Du Soir
- 58:42 Ulrich Schnauss - Gone Forever
- 66:23 END
Great work. A "compilation mix" presents challenges a "themed mix" doesn't have, and that is well handled here.
Thanks everyone for your nice comments. I really appreciate the support, downloading and listening. Cheers!
Post a Comment