I've been playing this album a lot and I wanted to feature it in a mix but the music wouldn't fit with my normal ambient mixes so I decided to a beat mix.
As with many mixes, this one took twists & turns I hadn't quite expected. It started off sort of psychedelic then quickly veered into something sort of funky, sort of jazzy. I love the detour it took to Dorothy Ashby. I discovered her 1968 album Afro-Harping at NPR music. I had already finished the mix when I heard the song "Soul Vibrations" and just knew I had to use it. It fits in very nicely. Somehow U2 & Dave Brubeck get squeezed in here as well. It finishes off where it began with The Maple Mountain Sunburst Triolian Orchestra.
I really enjoyed making this mix & even though it's a bit different for normal low light fare, I hope you enjoy it too.
Download (right click/save as) : 92mb, 48:09
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 The Maple Mountain Sunburst Triolian Orchestra - LookListenFeel
- 03:30 DJ Cam - Gantsa Shit
- 07:15 Polyoctopus - One Less Thing
- 10:20 Dorothy Ashby - Soul Vibrations
- 13:25 Conelrad - Charger Paris Mirage
- 16:55 U2 - Numb(gimme some more dignity remix)
- 19:35 The New Mastersounds - Drop It Down(b remix)
- 22:51 Dorothy Ashby - Afro-Harping
- 25:25 Chronomad - Dore Hindi
- 29:00 Terminal Sound System - Duchamp Falls
- 32:40 Dave Brubeck - Take Five
- 37:40 Hidden Orchestra - Footsteps
- 40"00 Halma - Hektopascal
- 42:35 Eliot Lipp - Real Tragic
- 46:00 The Maple Mountain Sunburst Triolian Orchestra - A Beautiful Walk in the Country
- 48:10 end