Back in 2007 I did a Prog Rock mix that is still one of my favorite low light mixes. You can find the original post & download here...PROG ROCK '07.
I've always wanted to do another prog mix. While on a pro rock binge I came across "For Absent Friends" by Genesis and that gave me the idea of doing a mellow prog mix.
In the original mix I tried to stay away from prog rock mainstays like Genesis & Yes & King Crimson. This time I couldn't resist some big names like Pink Floyd, Genesis, Brian Eno & Crimson. Those well known artists combine with some Cantebury scene music from National Health, Soft Machine & Hugh Hopper and Al Gowen. Most of the tunes are vintage 70's music, with only a couple newer tracks from Willowglass & David Gilmore.
I included kind of an oddball cut from Tony R. Clef. It's an acoustic cover of Genesis' "Undertow." He has a few other Genesis tunes that he covers on his YouTube channel here.
I know this mix is a bit different than the usual Low Light Mixes fair, but it was fun to put together and I hope you enjoy it.
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Genesis - For Absent Friends
- 01:40 Pink Floyd - If
- 06:05 Soft Machine - Carol Ann
- 09:33 Genesis - Hairless Heart
- 11:45 Strawbs - You & I(when we were young)
- 15:40 Phil Manzanera - Diamond Head
- 19:57 Willowglass - The End
- 21:09 David Gilmore - The Blue
- 26:25 King Crimson - Starless
- 30:54 Brian Eno - Golden Hours
- 34:30 Genesis - Silent Sorrow in Empty Boats
- 36:42 Anthony Philips - Which Way the Wind Blows
- 42:25 National Health - Arriving Twice
- 44:35 Hugh Hopper & Al Gowen - Morning Order
- 50:57 Chris Squire - Lucky Seven
- 57:45 Soft Machine - Virtually Part 4
- 1:01:02 Tony R. Clef - Undertow(acoustic Genesis cover)
- 1:05:54 Pink Floyd - Pigs on a Wing, Pt. 2
- 1:07:18 end