I didn't want the mix to be dark & depressing or dark and scary, just something that feels more at home at night. It's sort of the opposite of the Sunday morning mixes. Although a few tunes could go either way.
I didn't start out making a "night" mix, it just sort of happened on it's own after the first few cuts. The mix opens with a fantastic remix of Bowie's Sound & Vision. This cut isn't necessarily a "night" tune but I just had to use it. The next three cuts are what took the mix in the nightside direction.
I labeled the mix "Vol. 1" because I'd like to turn this into a series just like the Sunday morning mixes. So look for more in 2014. But there's still one more mix on it's way in 2013.
[ s t r e a m ] [ d o w n l o a d ] [ i t u n e s ]
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 David Bowie - Sound and Vision(Sonjay Prabhakar remix)
- 02:50 Arve Henriksen - Shelter From The Storm
- 06:00 Mark Kozelek & Jimmy LaValle - By The Time That I Awoke
- 10:00 Moritz von Oswald & Nils Petter Molvaer - Step by Step
- 15:45 Justin Walter - The Way Of Five
- 20:10 A.A. Bondy - Mightiest Of Guns
- 23:22 Loren Connors - Shadows
- 26:30 Labradford - By Chris Johnston, Craig Markva, Jamie Evans
- 31:00 Public Service Broadcasting - Late Night Final
- 36:30 Jon Hassell - Amsterdam Blue
- 44:30 The National - Hard To Find
- 48:25 Jonathan Boulet - Cent Voix
- 52:55 Ghosting Season - Lie
- 56:00 Mirroring - Mirror Of Our Sleeping
- 59:30 Loren Connors - Night In Vain
- 1:01:45 Grace Cathedral Park - Hey Pretty, Could You Stay Awhile
- 1:11:28 end