As I have said about 8 million times before, many mixes start with a single track. In this case it was the rediscovery of the track "Warming Trend" by Adam Pacione. It's a gentle, droning track that reminds me of Eno's Discreet Music.
I knew I wanted to use the tune in a mix and then realized that the track name would make a good title for a mix. From there I went in search of cuts that made me think of rising temps as we move from spring to summer.
So a natural first selection would be "For the Summer, Or Forever" from Halftribe's excellent new album. Most of the tunes are new, predominantly from 2017 & 2018. And they all have a lazy, slow feel that works well with the title.
Grab a cool drink(personal fav would be a tequilla mule) and hang out with this new mix.
[ s t r e a m ] [ d o w n l o a d ] [ i t u n e s ]
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Halftribe - For the Summer, Or Forever(2018)
- 03:46 36 - Ego Death(2018)
- 09:19 Off Land - Off Spring(2018)
- 13:24 Adam Pacione - Warming Trend(2007)
- 15:40 The Green Kingdom - Photic Zone(2018)
- 22:39 Segue - Westcoast Trail(2013)
- 27:20 Sawako - jupiter c.cloud(2018)
- 31:00 Moss Covered Technology - Sea #4(2018)
- 40:42 Tonepoet - Cosmic Blue(2018)
- 47:07 Christopher Willits - Return(2017)
- 52:40 Snufmumriko - Still Early Days(2017)
- 58:15 Valotihkuu - The Wind Caresses the Treetops(2017)
- 62:33 end