One of the benefits of making & posting mixes for all these years is getting to know some like-minded folks from around the world. One of those is my good friend, Jason O'Gorman, from the city of Cork in Ireland.
Jason did a guest mix for me way back in 2008. Wow, typing that just made me realize that Low Light Mixes has been around for a long time - 8 years this month, an eternity in internet years.
Anyway, back to Jason. You can find his 2008 mix called Satellite here... Satellite. I really like that mix and have always wanted Jason to do another. And now, 6 years later, we have "Across the Water." Jason describes it this way - "There's a lot of contrast in this mix due to the theme, but it still flows. The mix is a 'journey' across an ambient ocean, to dark and beautiful places."
When I listen to my own mixes I always hear every transition which at times can distract from the music. But with Jason's mix I get lost in the flow as one tunes blends into the next. I love not knowing what's coming next. Jason's mix does is wonderful at transporting you from one place to another. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I have. And hopefully Jason won't another 6 years to produce another gem.
[ s t r e a m ] [ d o w n l o a d ] [ i t u n e s ]
T R A C K L I S T:
- 00:00 King Creosote & John Hopkins: First watch
- 02:10 Mountains: Sand
- 05:20 Stephan Mathieu: Promenade
- 08:30 Ólafur Arnalds: Carry me anew
- 10:07 Ólafur Arnalds: We (too) shall rest
- 11:10 Apparat: K&F Thema (pizzicato)
- 13:45 Lustmord: Babel
- 17:45 Eluvium: Warm
- 22:00 Mer-A: Aeolis Mons
- 28:30 Mowgli: Canaan
- 29:20 Ólafur Arnalds: Sudden throw
- 32:35 White Moth Black Butterfly:Reluctance
- 33:40 The Fun Years: Re: We're again buried under
- 35:45 Goldmund: Downward to darkness on extend
- 38:30 Mulm: Mørke
- 41:50 Lustmord: Chorazin
- 46:10 Murcof: Oort 1
- 48:40 Bvdub & Loscil: Hespiredes
- 53:00 Mer-A: Quasi Stellar
- 56:10 Apparat: 44 (noise version)
- 57:55 Apparat: 44
- 60:55 Lustmord: Goetia
- 63:30 Mountains: Circular C
- 69:00 Jasper TX & Anduin: Walking in snow