I'm not sure where this mix started but I've had a playlist on Spotify called "Rivers & Roads" for awhile. It's mostly acoustic, folk tunes dealing with, you guessed it - rivers and roads. I figured it might make for a nice change of pace.
The mix alternates between vocal tunes & instrumentals. All of which have the typical Low Light Mixes feel. It also works nicely as a soundtrack for fall.
Easily my favorite song is the one from Damien Jurado. "Over Rainbows & Rainier" is from his wonderful 2018 album, "The Horizon Just Laughed." If you like this tune check out the rest of the album.
I hope everyone enjoys this vocal diversion. We'll be back to electronics soon.
[ s t r e a m ] [ d o w n l o a d ] [ i t u n e s ]
T R AC K L I S T :
- 00:00 Damien Jurado - Over Rainbows & Rainier
- 04:05 Explosions in the Sky - To West Texas
- 07:50 Nick Drake - River Man
- 11:52 Phil Cook - Old Hwy D
- 14:58 Neil Halstead - Sleeping on Roads
- 19:05 Phosphorescent - This Land is Your Land
- 22:30 Bill Frisell - Small Town
- 23:25 Lowland Hum - Nightdriving
- 27:16 John Fahey - Sunflower River Blues
- 27:47 Adam Torres - Mountain River
- 30:52 M. Ward - Slow Driving Man
- 35:10 Clem Leek - Burlson,TX
- 37:38 Sun Kil Moon - Like the River
- 40:32 Western Skies Motel - Empty Rooms
- 44:05 Mountain Man - River
- 46:15 Gillian Welch - Apache Tears(reprise)
- 49:01 The Lumineers - Long Way From Home
- 51:27 Daniel Lanois - Dusty
- 52:45 Tallest Man on Earth - Rivers
- 56:30 A.A. Bondy - Highway Fevers
- 61:08 The Head & The Heart - Rivers & Roads
- 65:40 end