As so often happens with these mixes, there was a specific event that gave birth to this collection of tunes.
On Mixcloud a listener asked if I could help identify a piece of music from a defunct website. The tune is looping electro/acoustic music of the type that came out of Japan 10 or more years ago.
I found the track and it's lovely. It's Walden Dos by .tape.(yes, there is a . before and after the word tape). I haven't listened to this type of music in a long time. It's a mix of acoustic instruments with bleeps and blops, small melodies, cheap keyboards and lots of little noises. It's related to glitch music but more pretty. I eventually grew tired of it's preciousness and it's oh so twee sounds.
But when I heard this song by .tape. I immediately knew I needed to revisit some of these tunes and make a mix. It was great to immerse myself in these micro sounds for a couple weeks. I'm not sure if this style will be a part of my regular listening habits but in small(micro?) doses these tunes can be very soothing.
[ s t r e a m ] [ d o w n l o a d ] [ i t u n e s ]
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 .tape. - walden dos(2005)
- 03:27 Marcus Fischer - Strand(2017)
- 08:55 The Boats - The Fell In The River(2017)
- 11:05 Music A.M. - Saturday(2005)
- 13:55 Aero - Float(2003)
- 14:45 Aus - apt(2007)
- 19:04 Carpet Musics - Air(2001)
- 21:50 Takahiro Kido - poco!(2008)
- 26:50 Fenton - Neon Giraffe(2005)
- 31:20 Lullatone - Puddies on the Plyground(2004)
- 34:16 Brael and Tokyo Bloodworm - Magic Wand(2008)
- 39:33 The Boats - Shlom, Sonia and Coner(2017)
- 40:20 Illuha - Guuzai(2011)
- 47:03 Montag - Motif(2005)
- 48:00 Marow - Eis(2011)
- 51:00 Planivaar - Adrift(2007)
- 60:00 end