I have decided to reach out to a few folks in the ambient community about doing some guest mixes. Basically I'm just lazy & want content without much work. ;-)
Actually I thought it would be nice to come at these mixes from some new perspectives. And at the same time promote some artists and labels both here and on Mixcloud.
This first guest mix is exactly what I was looking for. It is a bit darker than I normally produce and that's why it's great to bring a new mindset to these mixes, it opens new doors and explores new sounds. There are definitely some awesome sounds in this mix.
This music comes to us from James Armstrong, the man behind Rusted Tone Recordings. Check out their first sampler release here...
Here's what James has to say about the mix...
"This mix was created to showcase the unreleased work of artists scheduled for solo releases on Rusted Tone Recordings throughout 2018 and into 2019. Ranging from the guitar-based melancholy of Wil Bolton, Spheruleus, and Darren Harper, to the abstract ambient manipulations of James Osland, Kepier Widow, and Red On Maroon, the mix promotes the diversity and creative dedication of the musicians on the RTR Roster.
A majority of the tracks included were contributed by the artists themselves for the label’s initial sampler (see link below), with the exceptions of James Osland (White Label Recs. - forthcoming), BCOM (slef-release), and Red On Maroon (Quietest Records - The Tape Works #1). All tracks written and recorded by the respective artist, mastered by James Edward Armstrong."
[ s t r e a m ] [ d o w n l o a d ] [ i t u n e s ]
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 James Osland - Just Fell Me Dear Human
- 04:58 Wil Bolton - Nerine
- 08:42 Spheruleus - Dimly Lit
- 13:04 Building Castles Out Of Matchsticks - Shifting Insomnia And The Dream Incubator
- 17:04 SALTINGS - Sotto Voice
- 21:18 Net - Hidden Pheasant
- 24:08 Darren Harper - A Thousand Tiny Heartbreaks
- 29:30 A Home For Ghosts - Cadence
- 36:20 Kepier Widow - Congestion
- 41:26 Gallery Six & Oblivia - Like a Winter Lake
- 44:54 Red On Maroon - #2
- 54:59 The Green Kingdom – Luminous