|image by Siobhan Allen|
I am starting the year off right with another fantastic mix from my friend Paul Asbury Seaman. You may remember his previous collections posted here - The Memory of Trains, Floating Through Moonlight, and Icelight.
This mix does a wonderful job of creating a mystical vibe, like the title says, but without being too new agey. I love the nice long track from Louigi Verona in the middle of the mix. Here's what Paul has to say about it...
“From the beginning, ambient-electronic music has been almost synonymous with “space music” as well as inward journeys. Whether through post-tribal rhythms or the meditative drones of long-form compositions, this is music designed to facilitate an altered consciousness, or maybe something much less talked about: a sense of reverence. Featuring three of the genre’s “tribal elders,” as well as some more recent masters, this is a mix for gentle meanderings into a space of grounded bliss."
I hope you enjoy Paul's excellent collection of Mystical Ambience."
[ s t r e a m ] [ d o w n l o a d ] [ i t u n e s ]
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 John Serrie - Valley of the Nacoochee(Spirit Keepers 1998)
- 05:55 Max Corbacho - Transparent Phenomena(Source of Presnt 2017)
- 09:10 Robert Rich & Markus Reuter - Twining Branches Make A Path(Lift a Feather to the Flood 2017)
- 18:08 Hollan Holmes - That Ephemeral Spark(Prayer to the Energy 2017)
- 24:45 Craig Padilla & Zero Ohms - When the Earth is Far Away(When the Earth is Far Away 2012)
- 29:10 Louigi Verona - Ocean of Seashells(Ocean of Seashells 2017)
- 50:00 Steve Roach - Within the Mystic(Mystic Chords and Sacred Spaces 2003)
- 64:53 end