I've always been a fan of long form ambient. It's goes all the way back to side-long cuts on Fripp & Eno's No Pussyfooting and Eno's Discreet Music. And more recently to the many full album cuts from Steve Roach. He's got a number of long form tracks and I'm not sure how many he has released.
For this mix I decided to feature a bunch of long tracks and to also let a large chunk of each to play. Most cuts in the mix play for about 20 minutes or so. Which is why this ends up easily being the longest mix I've ever done, clocking in at 6 hours and 15 minutes. The version on Mixcloud is 5 1/2 hours because I needed to get the file size under 500mb.
This mix should work well as an all night sleep aid.
[ s t r e a m ] [ d o w n l o a d ] [ i t u n e s ]
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Alio Die - Ultima Latet
- 19:15 James Johnson & Stephen Phillips - Lost at Dunn's Lake
- 43:15 Disturbed Earth - Butterfly
- 58:15 Brian Eno - Neroli
- 1:11:15 Sonmi451 - Ruis
- 1:30:15 Steve Roack - Etheric Imprints
- 1:43:55 Aloof Proof - The Ghost Ship
- 2:03:20 Harold Budd - As Long As I Can Hold My Breath
- 2:27:30 Seaworthy - Sleep Paths
- 3:04:00 Robert Rich - Somnium
- 3:53:15 Jim Cole - Astral
- 4:10:30 Steve Roach - The Delicate Beyond
- 4:39:20 Alio Die - In The Labyrinth Garden
- 5:08:15 Brian Eno - Lux 4
- 5:22:50 Paul Vnuk - Silence Speaks In Shadows
- 6:15:21 end