I've been a member of the forum for a long time and I really enjoy the community there. In this time of social networks and twitter it's nice to see that a classic forum still survives and thrives, mainly because of a shared love of ambient music. Activity there ebbs and flows but there's always interesting topics and people hanging out.
As I said, I know Chris through the forum and as the two of us have similar tastes, I offered him the opportunity to do a mix for the blog. He was hesitant at first because he'd never done something like this before. But he decided to give it a shot and I'm very glad he did.
Chris said he "ended up making a mix based on some of the recent (2012 or later) neo-classical music that embodies the spirit of ambient and experimental acoustics." The result is perfect.
I hope this is just the first of more guest mixes we may see from Chris.
[ s t r e a m ] [ d o w n l o a d ] [ i t u n e s ]
T R A C K L I S T:
- 00:00 Field Rotation - The Repetition of History
- 05:15 Ekca Liena and Spheruleus - Scrambling Radiosonde
- 09:11 From the Mouth of the Sun - Sitting in a Roofless Room
- 12:00 Orla Wren - Five Acre Ladder (Reprise)
- 15:20 Antonymes - Misshapen Beauty [ii]
- 20:40 The Seaman and the Tattered Sail - Her Whispers
- 26:15 Christoph Berg - Coda
- 30:14 end