I guess you could say that all the music I listen to is a soundtrack of one sort or another. Soundtrack for cleaning the house, soundtrack for sleeping, for biking, for reading, for living. Most of my mixes could be considered to be mini soundtracks.
So what makes this one different? I guess the tracks collected here just sort of had that "soundtrack" feel when I first heard them. I imagined a scene from a film with the tune as the soundtrack. The tracklist then becomes a set of "imaginary soundtracks."
Some of the cuts, such as those from Cliff Martinez & Clint Mansell, are from actual soundtracks. The others just seemed to fit the mood.
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Cliff Martinez - First Drive Home
- 00:40 James Murray - Greenlands
- 04:25 Vieo Abiungo - Insincerity peeked through Cloudlessly...
- 06:51 Roly Porter - Caladan
- 09:20 Jacaszek - Orszula
- 12:22 Olafur Arnalds - lag fyrir oemmu
- 15:45 Craig Armstrong - Starless
- 20:00 Max Richter - Fictions & Data
- 21:40 Popol Vuh - Grab der Mutter
- 23:55 Jon Hopkins - Opalescent
- 25:10 Emanuele Errante - Memoirs
- 30:25 Ryan Teague - Cell Cycle
- 34:16 Clint Mansell - We're Not Programs Gerty
- 36:55 Peter Broderick - No More Space
- 37:36 Johann Johannsson - They Being Dead yet Speaketh
- 40:35 Biosphere - Iberia
- 44:07 Maya Beiser - Only Breath
- 45:50 Cliff Martinez - See You in Four
- 47:33 Jon Hopkins - Fairytale
- 52:15 end