Right off the bat, I have to come clean. I stole something. I stole the idea for this mix. But I'm glad I did because I'm very excited to post this new track.
Over at SoundCloud I ran into some mixes by Astromatt. He uses sounds from music libraries and soundtracks of '60's and '70's to create great underwater themed mixes. I love the sound of these old tracks & how they work together in a mix.
Who knew that these old library albums even existed?! After some research & digging, I decided to try my hand at a similar mix.
With a lot of this music, it's very easy to cross the line into cheesy/kitchy territory. I tried to find tunes that had that old 70's undersea soundtrack feel but were still listenable by today's ambient standards. I think it works pretty well as an ambient mix, very relaxing, with a cool watery vibe.
It was a lot of fun discovering some of these old albums & I'm sure I'll visit them again.
Download (right click/save as) : 53mb, 36:53
beneath the surface
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:13 Amedeo Tommasi - Acque Tranquille
- 02:20 Eugene Thomass - Magic World of the Sea
- 04:50 Michel Redolfi - Music for Fresh Water
- 08:40 Franco Tamponi - Submarino
- 10:35 Gaston Borreani - Cirrus
- 13:40 Gaston Borreani - Entrelacs
- 17:16 Franco Tamponi - Stelle Marina
- 20:05 Amedeo Tommasi - Correnti Sottomarine
- 21:45 Piero Umiliani - Eliogabalus
- 24:00 Gaston Borreani - Rave Abyssal
- 26:10 Patchwork Orchestra - Brumes sur Mars
- 28:00 Franco Tamponi - Profundita
- 30:05 Fabor - Angelo di Mare
- 33:25 Gaston Borreani - Port Cross
- 36:53 end