This new mix is perfect for my new vinyl sound effects collection, unfortunately I finished the mix before I got the records. So I'll have to save them for the next installment in the field mixes.
For this mix, the 3rd in the field music mixes, I tried to use more natural sound and less music. There are definitely musical elements here, thanks to Spheruleus, Nigel Samways and others. I tried to pick field sounds that weren't too obtrusive. There are many sounds that are interesting to listen to, but don't work as ambient "music". After a nice quiet section of wind blowing through bamboo, hearing fireworks exploding wouldn't work for me.
I'd like to bring attention to to releases used in this mix. They both come from a new netlabel, Audio Gourmet. "Rust" by Spheruleus & "Momentary" by Darren Harper are the first two releases. They are excellent recordings & they are free so check them out. Each one has a cut in the new field mix.
The tracklist is a bit vague, as the times are even more nebulous than normal. I hope you enjoy this latest field mix.
Download (right click/save as) : 82mb, 60min
thru the field
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Chihei Hatakeyama - Distant Sound of a Bustle
- 04:00 Loren Nerell - Wind Through Bamboo Forest
- 06:00 The Black Dog - M1
- 08:30 Jason Kahn - Transit
- 10:00 Framework podcast 11-5-09 excerpt
- 13:30 Seattle Phonographers Union - Hollow Earth Radio(excerpt)
- 15:30 Nigel Samways - City of Gas Street Lamps
- 19:00 Spheruleus - it sits on a shelf inside my skull
- 25:00 Mister Vapor - Rain 1
- 31:00 Chihei Hatakeyama - Dance of the Sea
- 33:00 Chris Watson - Vatnajokull
- 35:00 Quiet American - Khulna Station
- 37:00 Thomas Koner - 45_26n, 12_20e (hour three)
- 40:00 Steve Bradley - SO2 Emissions
- 41:30 Cecile Le Prado - Passages
- 43:30 Spheruleus - Rusting
- 47:30 Richard Chartier - Fields for Recording (excerpt)
- 52:00 Chris Watson - Bucaneve
- 53:00 Spheruleus - A Hindered View
- 55:30 Darren Harper - Field & Glass
- 60:00 end