As I have mentioned in other posts, Rick, who runs the Hydrogen Cafe blog, and I sit out at the end of the pier and watch for shooting stars and satellites. We each make a soundtrack for the experience. Rick's are usually much more thought out than mine(his mix this year was great!).
I limited myself to fairly new music, stuff I have been listening to a lot lately. I knew I wanted to include new music from Area C - Sea of Rains. It was commissioned by the NASA RI Space Grant Consortium and the Museum of Natural History in Providence, RI as an original score for their "Mission Moon: past, present, future" exhibit at the Museum of Natural History. It has some Nasa recordings mixed in with the music so it was a natural for this mix.
After that the other tracks are just tunes that are kind of new, sound a bit spacey and flow well together.
Download (right click/save as) :
sea of stars
t r a c k l i s t :
- 00:00 bvdub - You'll miss me when I'm gone
- 06:19 Area C - Mare Imbrium
- 11:30 Kyle Bobby Dunn - Furthest From It
- 18:10 Emmanuel Errante - Radio Hopes
- 23:40 Parks - Trains
- 29:50 Kode - Movements #6
- 35:30 Shirk - Itchytime
- 38:55 Deaf Center - Close
- 40:55 The Caretaker - Lacuna Amnesia
- 44:05 Area C - Sea of Clouds
- 51:15 Kabana - dubru
- 56:15 Shirk - Riesal
- 00:09 Le Chat Blanc Orchestra - She Left This Morning