Thursday, July 30, 2026

Wandering Realms by Seabuckthorn


I have been a fan of Seabuckthorn for a long time. I think I have around a dozen or so releases. So when Andy Cartwright, who records as Seabuckthorn, offered to create a guest mix I was psyched. Andy did an excellent guest mix for LLM back in November of 2022 which you can find here - https://lowlightmixes.blogspot.com/2022/11/seabuckthorn-transcendental-freq.html or here - https://www.mixcloud.com/lowlight/seabuckthorn-transcendental-freq/

There is a new Seabuckthorn album out in the world - https://seabuckthorn.bandcamp.com/album/never-the-same-river 
So it's a perfect time for a mix to highlight some of the music that influenced the new album. Andy said this about the mix:
"It has a kind of ritual/ceremonial/psych folk vibe to it, which was the feel I was going for in my latest album."

I highly recommend checking out the new album and of course listening to this very cool mix. Also I think it's kind of hilarious that we followed a 4-hour mix with a 36-minute mix. Haha!

Cheers!




T R A C K L I S T :

  • Gnäw - Waters of Ether
  • Old Saw - The Flood Spires
  • Heinali & Andriana-Yaroslava Saienko - Zelenaia Dubrovonka
  • ZAÄAR - Eucaryotes Et Reproduction Sexuée
  • Hermanos Gutierrez - Low Sun
  • Lino Capra Vaccina - Andante ancestrale 
  • Richter band - Zaklepat
  • David Shea - Falling rice on the GuZheng
  • The Myrrors - Invitation Mantra
  • Hvad - Notice a tiny scratch for the blue behind
  • Dictaphone - Lofi Opium
  • Claire Deak - Prefigured (Ritornello)
  • Jessica Moss - One, Now
  • Sanam - Rings رينغز

No comments: