Friday, September 27, 2024

End of Summer Noise by Black Brunswicker

 

This mix is another great example of why I enjoy guest mixes so much. This collection of tunes starts off rather noisy, hence the title. It's a style of music that I don't go to very often. But it's very cool to hear in this mix.

Our guest this time is Ethan Helfrich, who records under the name Black Brunswicker. They have a new album out called "Been Around Here Before" and you can find it here:

https://blackbrunswicker.bandcamp.com/album/been-around-here-before

Here's what Ethan says about the mix:

"This is a collection of some music that I've been listening to recently, as well as some old favourites. Having spent 2 months in the US this past summer visiting family and traveling for gigs, I spent a lot of time on the road. It brought me back to music I used to play on my daily commute, when my days were soundtracked by the incessant humming of Chicago's highways (listen to "I Think This Heat is Getting to My Head" off my new album for the reference). While most of this isn’t what people might consider ambient — and I don’t really listen to ambient music much anymore — it’s instrumental guitar music that shares a similar feeling. It transports you to different worlds and headspaces or, at the very least, keeps you company on your morning drive."

Thanks, Ethan, for the trip this mix takes us on.

Cheers!


[ s t r e a m ]    [ d o w n l o a d ]    [ a p p l e _ p o d c a s t s ]


T R A CK L I S T :

  • 00:00    Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Fire at Static Valley (G_d's Pee AT STATE'S   END! 2021)
  • 05:44    Russian Circles - Ghost on High (Blood Year 2019)
  • 07:55    Wolves In The Throne Room - Dia Artio (Two Hunters 2007)
  • 13:25    Sleep - The Sciences (The Sciences 2018)
  • 16:10    Grouper - I Saw A Ray (A I A: Dream Loss 2011)
  • 20:20    Black Brunswicker - Down at the Creek (Been Around Here Before 2024)
  • 23:25    William Tyler - Highway Anxiety (Modern Country 2016)
  • 32:20    Jack Rose - Miss May's Place (Dr. Ragtime & His Pals 2008)
  • 34:53    John Fahey - America(Re-Recorded Version) (Death Chants, Breakdowns And Military Waltzes 1964)
  • 39:48    Black Brunswicker - The Cave (Been Around Here Before 2024)
  • 43:27    Fripp & Eno - Evening Star (Evening Star 1975)
  • 50:45    Bobby Lee - Walking with Trees(Live) (Cosmic Country Revue Live at PDV 2023)
  • 54:41    end


No comments: