Wednesday, July 03, 2024

A Letter From Home - 2000s Nostalgia

 

While playing random tracks from my hard drive full music, I stumbled upon several tunes I hadn't heard in forever. I was filled with feelings of nostalgia. That can happen quite a lot when you're as old as I am, certain albums will always remind me of times and places. I remember wearing out a cassette copy of Tangerine Dream's "Hyperborea" on an old boom box when I first started my current job 30 years ago.

I started collecting a few obscure, nostalgia-inducing tracks as I listened to music over the next few months. As I sat down to make a mix from these tunes I noticed that I could separate them into two time periods - one is tracks from roughly 1976 to the late 80s. And the other turned into this mix, focusing on electronic/idm music from the 2000s.

The mix starts with three of my all time favorite cuts from that period. It felt so good to hear these again and then work them into a mix.

Here are links to all the music used in this mix. Because these are about 20 years old I used Boomkat to source the ones that did not have Bandcamp links.

Enjoy this electronic trip down memory lane.

Cheers!




T R A C K L I S T :
  • 00:00    RF - Ladder in Place (Views of Distant Towns 2006)
  • 05:21    B. Fleischmann - A Letter From Home (Welcome Tourist 2003)
  • 10:18    Styrofoam - Make It Mine (Nothing's Lost 2004)
  • 19:00    Ulrich Schnauss - Between Us And Them (Far Away Trains Passing By 2005)
  • 25:22    The Album Leaf - The Outer Banks (In a Safe Place 2004)
  • 29:30    ISAN - Trois gymnopedies No.1 Lent et douloureux (Trois gymnopedies 2006)
  • 31:55    Kom​ë​it - Acme (Kom​ë​it(blue record) 2000)
  • 34:34    Xela - Through Crimson Clouds (Tangled Wool 2004)
  • 39:39    Arovane - Windy Wish Trees (Lillies 2004)
  • 42:49    Rena Jones - Helix (Indra's Web 2009)
  • 47:53    B. Fleischmann - Take Your Time (Welcome Tourist 2003)
  • 62:00    end

No comments: