Sunday, October 17, 2021

Music for Covered Airports


Eight years ago I did a mix with covers of Eno tunes - UNDER ENO'S COVERS

Since then I've collected a few more that I was planning to use for a follow up. I found the most covered Eno album is Music for Airports. So I decided to recreate the album with covers. Hence the title of the mix - Music for Covered airports.

The tracks follow the same order as the original album - 1/1, 2/1, 1/2, 2/2. I made the first track with two covers because each was relatively short so I just combined them into one.

I found a great cover of Airports by Psychic Temple but it's a very loose version. One can hear parts of 1/1 in it, but like I said it's very loose and improvisational. It didn't really fit with the flow of recreating the album so I tacked it onto the end. It actually seems like a nice way to end this experiment. 

Some of the covers came from YouTube and haven't been formally released.

Cheers!




T R A C K L I S T :
  • 00:00    Alexander Elliott Miller - Music for Airports 1/1 guitar
  • 03:19    Dan Piccolo - Music for Airports 1/1 percussion
  • 08:03    Sean O'Neill, Ben Witt & Daniel Fragomeni - Music for Airports 2/1
  • 16:30    Kai Schumacher - Music for Airports 1/2
  • 26:30    Ambientorg - Music for Airports 2/2 pipe organ with electronics
  • 35:18    Psychic Temple - Plays Music for Airports
  • 48:33    end

No comments: