Here's another impossible task - compiling a mix of the best film scores of the decade. Like any of my other year-end mixes, this is not really a "Best" mix. It's a collection of scores that I listened to a lot and fit within my ambient aesthetic.
The tracks are laid out chronologically from when the films were released. Starting with Monsters in 2010 to Ex Machina in 2015 and finishing up with American Woman in 2019.
There are scores from four TV series included in this mix - Halt and Catch Fire, Mr. Robot, Stranger Things, and The Knick. They are some of my favorite soundtracks and definitely worth checking out.
There's not much else to say about this mix, it's pretty straight forward. I'm sure I missed a bunch of very good film scores but I think this mix holds together as a cohesive set. I hope you enjoy it!
[ s t r e a m ] [ d o w n l o a d ] [ i t u n e s ]
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Jon Hopkins - Water (Monsters 2010)
- 01:15 Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross - Intriguing Possibilities (The Social Network 2010)
- 04:05 Cliff Martinez - Rubber Head (Drive 2011)
- 06:35 Alexandre Desplat - Emergence of Life (Tree of Life 2011)
- 09:57 Dan Romer & Benh Zeitlin - The Thing That Made You (Beast of the Southern Wild 2012)
- 12:08 Tom Tykwer, Johnny Klimek, Reinhold Heil - Prelude to the Atlas March (Cloud Atlas 2012)
- 13:18 Alexandre Desplat - Maya on Plane (Zero Dark Thirty 2012)
- 17:05 Max Richter - Find Schumaker (Dosconnect 2013)
- 17:31 Arcade Fire - Sleepwalker (Her 2013)
- 20:13 Mark Orton - Their Pie Hawthorne version (Nebraska 2013)
- 22:40 Cliff Martinez - Finish Your Breakfast (The Knick 2014)
- 24:22 Han Zimmer - Cornfield Chase (Interstellar 2014)
- 25:42 Ben Salisbury & Geoff Barrow - Falling (Ex Machina 2015)
- 28:45 Nick Cave and Warren Ellis - Farewell at Tinguit (Loin Des Hommes 2015)
- 30:50 Ryuichi Sakamoto & Alva Noto - The Revenant Theme Noto Remodel (The Revenant 2015)
- 34:14 Johann Johannsson - Heptapod B (Arrival 2016)
- 37:40 Nicholas Britell - Metrorail Closing (Moonlight 2016)
- 38:52 Paul Haslinger - The Scenic Route (Halt and Catch Fire 2016)
- 40:27 Mac Quayle - 1.0_5-pierreloti.au (Mr. Robot 2016)
- 43:13 Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein - Hazmat Suits (Stranger Things 2016)
- 44:52 Christopher Spelman - Source of the Verde River (The Lost City of Z 2017)
- 48:03 Tamar-kali - Ronsel Leaves (Mudbound 2017)
- 49:10 Valgeir Sigurðsson - Communication (Little Moscow 2018)
- 51:33 Nicholas Britell - If Beale Street Could Talk End Credits (If Beale Street Could Talk 2018)
- 53:00 Adam Bryanbaum Wiltzie - Lipstick in the Trash (American Woman 2019)
- 56:29 end