Sunday, March 11, 2018

Apollo Vermouth



When researching artists or labels that might be interested in doing a guest mix I came across a label that is based very close to me here in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.  I'd never really thought that there might be an ambient community here. 

I decided to do a search for "ambient" and "Milwaukee." And what do ya know, I got an interesting result right away. In an article about the essential Milwaukee albums of 2017 was a blurb about Apollo Vermouth and her album "Crashing into Nowhere." I immediately headed over to Bandcamp and was so excited to find that it's an excellent album.

https://apollovermouth.bandcamp.com/





Apollo Vermouth is Alisa Rodriguez, based right here in Milwaukee. So I asked her to do a mix and she was nice enough to curate some tunes.  Here's what she had to say about these tracks:

"This mix is a collection of ambient tracks that have hit me in a certain way. It’s hard for me to put into words of what they mean to me. I spend a lot of time by myself, always looking for something that makes me feel less lonely. Somehow, these tracks sort of saved my sanity. It’s funny how music can be like your best friend. They’ll never leave you in the dust."

That pretty much describes my relationship with ambient music too - or all music actually.  Go visit her page, buy some music and listen to this mix.

Cheers!



[ s t r e a m ]    [ d o w n l o a d ]    [ i t u n e s ]



T R A C K L I S T :

  • 00:00    Gas - Narkopop 1 
  • 04:20    Belong - Late Night 
  • 07:35    Steve Roach - Left Perfectly Alone 
  • 09:30    Grouper - She Loves Me That Way 
  • 17:34    Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross - Appearances 
  • 20:22    Harold Budd and Brian Eno - Among Fields of Crystal 
  • 23:27    Wretched Excess - Suburban Decay 
  • 26:35    Benoit Pioulard - IV
  • 30:15    M. Sage - Gulls Over Landfill Caldera 
  • 42:52    Jeffrey Cantu-Ledesma - Blue Nudes 
  • 50:05    Boards of Canada - Macquarie Ridge
  • 54:42    end







No comments: