This is mix #2 in the Ambient Decades series. As the titles says, this mix focuses on ambient music in the 1980s.
There were some great ambient albums in the 80s, albums that go down as some of the best ambient of all time. That would be Brian Eno - On Land, Steve Roach - Structures from Silence and Brian Eno & Harold Budd - The Pearl. Beyond those 3 there are more great 80s recordings from Roach & Eno and other classics & worthwhile music.
I was definitely happy to include a cut from Gone to Earth by David Sylvian, one of my favorite albums of all time. It's such a great recording and at the time it blew my mind.
Next up - the 90s.
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Steve Roach - Structures from Silence(1984)
- 10:40 Brian Eno - Lantern Marsh(1982)
- 15:20 David Sylvian - The Wooden Cross(1986)
- 19:20 Michael Brook - Midday(1985)
- 24:30 Michael Stearns - As The Earth Kissed The Moon(1981)
- 31:00 Vangelis - Empty Streets(1982)
- 36:00 Thom Brennan - Moosoon(1987)
- 44:10 Steve Roach - A Circular Ceremony(1988)
- 51:58 Brian Eno & Harold Budd - An Echo of Night(1984)
- 54:00 Jeff Greinke - Island Arc(1986)
- 56:50 Harold Budd - Sandtreader(1986)
- 61:45 David Sylvian & Holger Czukay - Mutability(1989)
- 72:45 U2 - 4th of July(1984)
- 74:33 Peter Gabriel - Slow Water(1985)
- 77:08 end