This is the first in a series of mixes featuring ambient music from each of the past 4 1/2 decades.
Ambient music came to it's full expression during the 1970s with Eno's Discreet Music & Music for Airports. This mix explores those albums and other electronic gems. This mix/list is by no means definitive. It's music from my collection that is a representation of the emergence of ambient in the 1970s.
As I was sorting through tracks for the mix I realized that I'm definitely going to have to make a mix of 70s berlin school & kraut music electronic tunes. That way I can use Jean Michel Jarre, Can, Holgar Czukay and more rhythmic Tangerine Dream & Klaus Schulze.
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Michael Hoenig - Voices of Where(1978)
- 04:20 Harmonia - By the Riverside(1976)
- 07:15 Klaus Schulze - Wahnfried 1883(1975)
- 12:50 Wendy Carlos - Fall(1972)
- 18:00 Gavin Bryars - The Sinking of the Titanic(1975)
- 23:25 Tangerine Dream - Sequent C(1974)
- 25:00 Brian Eno - Discreet Music(1975)
- 33:33 Kraftwerk - Heimatklänge(1973)
- 36:45 Tonto's Expanding Head Band - Tama(1971)
- 41:37 Cluster - In Ewigkeit(1976)
- 48:30 Ashra - Deep Distance(1976)
- 53:30 Steve Hillage - Garden of Paradise(1979)
- 62:25 Tangerine Dream - Rubycon(1975)
- 65:50 Klaus Schulze - Some Velvet Phasing(1974)
- 71:50 Brian Eno - Two Rapid Formations(1978)
- 74:36 Brian Eno - Music for Airports 1/1(1978)
- 91:09 end