But I did find a bunch of Brian Eno cover tunes. Some I was familiar with, Bang on a Can & Sakamoto, but many of the others were new discoveries made by cruising the web.
The mix starts with probably the most covered Eno tune - An Ending (Ascent), from Apollo. The cover of that song comes from a new album by Icebreaker & BJ Cole which covers the entire Apollo album. It's excellent and any Eno fan will definitely enjoy it.
About a third of the way through the mix, the tunes shift to a few vocal songs. I wasn't sure at first if I wanted go this route but the more I listened to these vocal covers the more I liked them. From there we switch back into ambient mode.
I think this turned out pretty well and makes for a nice change of pace in the land of Low Light Mixes.
[ s t r e a m ] [ d o w n l o a d ] [ i t u n e s ]
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Icebreaker & BJ Cole - an ending (ascent) ii
- 03:50 Teen Daze - Always Returning
- 07:55 Dan Piccolo - Music for Airports 1.1
- 13:30 Bang On A Can - Music for Airports 2.1
- 17:30 Alva Noto & Ryuichi Sakamoto - By This River
- 21:15 Ida - Golden Hours
- 25:35 Irene Coco & Giovanni Sala - And Then So Clear
- 29:00 St. Vincent - Some of Them are Old
- 31:55 Unknown - Spider & I (ona banjo ukulele)
- 33:15 Band On A Can - Music for Airports 2.2
- 38:00 Doron Diamond - Music for Airports 1.1 (acoustic)
- 41:15 AcousticLabs - And Ending (Ascent) (solo guitar)
- 45:00 Icebreaker & BJ Cole - Drift
- 47:45 Nathan Fake - Music for Airports 1.1
- 53:00 Ryosuke Tomita - Becalmed (acoustic)
- 56:52 end